Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: Serves as the first point of contact for employees, job applicants, guests and other visitors. The Employee Resource Associate is also responsible for providing superior quality and customer service and support functions for our Human Resources Department.
Location: Salinas and Tres Picos, California and Yuma, Arizona
Areas of Responsibility:
- Engage with our workforce and visitors in a respectful, positive, and efficient manner with a goal of providing superior quality and customer service over the phone, in person, and by email.
- Recognize employee’s quality, service and dedication by fostering a welcoming work environment that promotes the interest of our employees and our Company.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with our workforce, team members, supervisor, and visitors that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency.
- Answer general questions and inquires in all areas of human resources such as personnel, compensation, benefits, recruiting and retention, labor laws, housing, payroll and employee relations programs.
- Engage in Department and Team meetings and provides recommendations to procedures that continually improve efficiency of the Department and services performed.
- Greet and guide employees/customers to appropriate resources.
- Keep up-to-date with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Promptly answer, screen, and forward all incoming calls to appropriate team members.
- Assist with the Department’s data entry, filing and sorting alphabetically and numerically, and other administrative support functions.
- File and retrieve employee forms and paperwork in employee’s personnel file.
- Verify unemployment status and handles employee’s garnishments/levies.
- Register and assist employees with the completion of new hire paperwork.
- Assist with the initial entitlement leave paperwork of non-confidential employees.
- Assist with supporting record retention and data integrity of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records.
- Open, sort and date incoming mail and other communications and orders supplies.
- Assist with outgoing overnight mail packaging labels.
- Relocates to other HR Offices: Tres Picos, California from mid-October through mid-November; Yuma, Arizona from mid-November through mid-April; and, Salinas, California from about mid to late April through mid-October, depending on the production season, which is affected by weather, plant quality, labor supply, and business necessity.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality regarding critical and sensitive information.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of two years related work experience.
- Must be bi-lingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish and have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have superior written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate, work with and respond to questions from employees, in the field, to the various operations, outside agencies, team-members, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders. Must be able to effectively present information and have the ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percent and to interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where either limited standardization exists or a recommendation needs to be made to produce outcome desired. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint), HRIS, and Internet software.
- Promote a positive Company image, understands and supports overall Department and Company priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to multitask and work with constant interruptions.