Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever. Tanimura and Antle owns 27,000 acres and farms 40,000 acres with our valued growers in Salinas, Yuma and Imperial Valley. Other diversified operations include PlantTape (an innovative transplanting system with locations in U.S. and Europe), seed research, production, and hydroponics. Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Salinas, CA.
Through partnerships and collaboration, our Human Resources Department recruits, retains, develops and values a high performing and diverse workforce that is recognized for its quality, service, and dedication. Fostering a healthy, safe ,and productive work environment that promotes the interest of our employees and the Company while maintaining our traditions and leading strategically to be the Employer of Choice. The Human Resources Generalist has a fundamental knowledge of the Human Resources strategic areas and plays a vital role in achieving our Human Resources
Must be able to relocate between Tanimura & Antle’s harvesting operations: “Tres Picos” in Five Points, CA from mid-October through mid-November; Yuma, Arizona from mid-November through mid-April; and, Salinas, California from about mid to late April through mid-October; depending on the production season, which is affected by weather, plant quality, labor supply, and business necessity.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training.
- Language & Communication Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have strong written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with, employees, team-members, supervisor, management, and other external stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage; apply concepts of basic algebra, and interpret graphs/charts and tables.
- The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have knowledge of Database software and Human Capital Management systems; and be proficient in Internet software; Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, and Power Point.
- Promote a positive Company image and support the Human Resources Department efforts.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
We offer a competitive compensation package, and the opportunity to work with one of the most respected companies in the Produce Industry.