Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever. Tanimura and Antle owns 27,000 acres and farms 40,000 acres with our valued growers in Salinas, Yuma and Imperial Valley. Other diversified operations include PlantTape (an innovative transplanting system with locations in U.S. and Europe), seed research, production, and hydroponics. Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Pricing/Sales Controller to join our Finance team in Salinas, CA.
The Pricing/Sales Controller will provide pricing, data analysis, reporting and research to support the Sales and Finance team. The role will ensure accurate customer data, item master, product pricing and freight pricing is maintained and updated in the system. This requires close collaboration with sales team, knowledge of customer base and solid understanding of contracts and corresponding pricing features. The role will be responsible for reconciliation and correct payment of customer rebates. Prepares various daily and weekly reporting to support sales team. Researches and resolves pricing and reporting questions from a variety of internal and external customers. The role requires strong partnering skills across several functions: Sales, IT and Finance, very strong attention to detail and accuracy, ability to communicate with clarity and strong system and reporting skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Ag Business, Economics or similar field.
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration, pricing and data analysis
- Minimum four years of experience in analyst role. Previous pricing and contract experience is highly desirable.
Language & Communication Skills
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have good written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with, employees, team-members, supervisor, management, customers, vendors and other external stakeholders.
- The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be a power user in Excel and should be proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word and ERP Systems (JDE experience a plus).
We offer a competitive compensation package, and the opportunity to work with one of the most respected companies in the Produce Industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.