Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever. Tanimura and Antle owns 27,000 acres and farms 40,000 acres with our valued growers in Salinas, Yuma and Imperial Valley. Other diversified operations include PlantTape (an innovative transplanting system with locations in U.S. and Europe), seed research, production, and hydroponics. Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
We are now searching for a Seed Procurement Assistant to join us in Salinas, CA
This position will be responsible for all aspects of seed procurement, inventorying, delivering, and refining. Working hand in hand with the Director of Seed Procurement. The main objective for this position is to ensure that Tanimura and Antle farming and nursery operations have the highest quality seed available at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (A.A.) from a junior college. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year university preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Have a valid Class “C” license, a good driving record (no more than three points). Must attend, complete, and pass forklift operator training.
Language and Communication Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must also possess the ability to write simple correspondence, and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must communicate and work well with, employees, team-members, supervisor, management, customers, and other external stakeholders.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Must also have the ability to perform these operations using units of American currency, weights, volumes, and distances.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Promote a positive Company image, and support the Seed Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
We offer a competitive compensation package, and the opportunity to work with one of the most respected companies in the Produce Industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.