Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever. Tanimura and Antle owns 27,000 acres and farms 40,000 acres with our valued growers in Salinas, Yuma and Imperial Valley. Other diversified operations include PlantTape (an innovative transplanting system with locations in U.S. and Europe), seed research, production, and hydroponics. Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Farm Financial Analyst to join us in Salinas, CA.
The Senior Farm Financial Analyst will provide financial and data analysis support to the farm management team. The role will perform significant ad-hoc financial and data analysis to support farming operations and drive efficiencies. The role requires strong partnering skills, a commercial perspective and ability to communicate findings and insights with clarity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Ag Business, Economics or similar field.
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration, insightful financial and data analysis
- Minimum four years of experience in operational/manufacturing analyst role. Cost accounting experience is highly desirable. Language & Communication Skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have good written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with, employees, team-members, supervisor, management, customers, vendors and other external stakeholders.
- Mathematical Skills Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs/charts and tables.
- The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be a power user in Excel and should be proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word and ERP Systems (JDE experience a plus).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Promote a positive Company image and support the Farm Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven. § Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.