We are looking to add a Refrigeration Manager to our team in Salinas, California.
Comprehensive management and maintenance of all refrigeration equipment and infrastructure dedicated to the production of fresh-cut salads and vegetables for a large retail oriented producer. Primary focus includes effective operational management and preventative maintenance of all core multi-stage liquid ammonia and glycol refrigeration systems such as: recirculating pumps and vessels, motors, compressors, evaporators and condensers, liquid transfer systems, heat exchangers, chilled water piping and delivery systems. Additional responsibilities include refrigeration support of plant expansion projects, outside vendor management, co-gen operation and maintenance, refrigeration-related capital improvement projects, supervision of equipment purchases and installations of all refrigeration parts. Expected to be a constant facilitator of system operational effectiveness, uptime maximization and utility cost improvement.
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and service recirculating ammonia refrigeration system, automated control systems and associated delivery equipment
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to key Operations managers
- Prevent, plan and control refrigeration issues which could adversely impact the operational performance of the facility.
- Familiarity with PLCs and process instrumentation
- Ensures all systems are operated in compliance with OSHA, IIAR and PSM/RMP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all safety standards, including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Develop a reliable network of vendor partners
- Ensure facility and production process compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Provide day-to-day leadership to mechanics and technician crews on refrigeration equipment performance
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve efficiently with minimal oversight
- 5-7 years’ experience in an industrial refrigeration environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to work all days and shifts as needed
- RETA Certified
- PSM/RMP program development experience