Our story began in the Salinas Valley, affectionately called America’s Salad Bowl. It was here, where Bruce Taylor followed in the footsteps of his father and grandfather and became the third generation to work in the fresh produce business.
In 1995, Bruce and several partners founded Taylor Fresh Foods. A new company with a new vision was born – to be North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods.
Our 10,000 employees care about the quality and name that is on our products. It is through their hard work that we are able to deliver the best quality products to local grocery stores daily. Our success would not be possible without our dedicated team and we are grateful to have each one as part of our Taylor Farms Family.
We now have an immediate opening for a National Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager to join our family.
This salaried, exempt position audits Taylor Farms manufacturing plants for compliance with customer, regulatory, and Taylor Farms FSQA program requirements.
- Develops and maintains internal FSQA facility audit criteria and checklists.
- Schedules and performs annual audits of all Taylor Farms manufacturing plants and co-packers.
- Thoroughly reviews completed facility FSQA process documentation for compliance.
- Audits GMP and process compliance through on-floor observation of employee activity
- Documents findings and communicates non-conformances to plant leadership and the National FSQA Support Team.
- Assigns non-conformance incidents to the appropriate process owner within the manufacturing plant.
- Coordinates tracking and completion of root cause analysis and corrective action implementation with the Quality Systems Specialist.
- Provides summary reports of audit findings to Taylor Farms management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- Minimum 3 years in a FSQA position in a food manufacturing environment, including experience in high risk RTE foods.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certification.
- Thorough knowledge of the SQF Food Code.
- 85% travel is required in this position (domestic and international) and is based remotely.
- Valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport.
- Ability to spend significant amounts of time in refrigerated and/or frozen environments.
- For promotion consideration, must be willing to relocate to Taylor Farms manufacturing locations globally.