We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative multi-national import/export/trading company. We have 8 divisions worldwide that handle fruits & vegetables across 65+ countries. Our company has been featured four times in the INC 5000’s annual list of fastest growing companies (2017 Inc 5000 #923, 2019 Inc 5000 #1587, 2020 Inc 5000 #1899, & 2021 Inc 5000 #1,086).
When you join Terra Exports, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who are disrupting the global fresh produce industry. But working at Terra Exports is about more than being disrupters. It is about having a say in and improving the process. We start at the ground level – literally – with the growth of the product at the farm level, and we manage the process all the way up through distribution channels, up into the end user, the consumer.
We pride ourselves on our products arriving fresh and damage free and we are there every step of the way, working alongside our suppliers and customers who share in our common goal.
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer to continue our growth and take us to the next level as a company. This position replaces the current CEO (owner). Primarily responsible for driving future growth through strategic hiring, grower partnerships, vertical integration, co-packing opportunities, and driving sales through retail channels. Included in this role is responsibility for directing and managing market competitiveness, pricing, compensation, distribution, and channel strategies. This goal is achieved by providing leadership toward the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company’s vision and values.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working in a global or multi-national fresh produce company.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent (graduate degree preferred).
- Respectful, constructive, energetic with a “get it done” style, with the ability to seamlessly fit into an established and growing team.
- Highly developed data skills – analysis, comprehension, reporting, and decision making.
- Keen grasp of industry issues.
- Basic computer skills – Email, Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, local regulations, and fresh produce industry.
- Ability to develop financial plans, interpret financial data, and understand general accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of leadership, communication, and public relation techniques to interact with a variety of people.
- Work requires professional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to inspire teams and associates towards successful goal accomplishment.
- Proven ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Proven experience in developing long-term relationships with partnering organizations.
- Decisiveness and willingness to take well-reasoned risks.
- Tech savvy with various programs including MS Office Suite.
We offer a Competitive salary based on experience, plus benefits (depending on location), and incentives based on achieving goals.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.