Watch our team video here: https://youtu.be/ArggXExh0EM
Terra Exports is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative multi-national import/export/trading company. We have 6 divisions that handle fruits & vegetables across 6 continents. Our company has been referred to many times as the fresh produce industry disruptors!
We are currently looking for a dynamic Sourcing Manager in Mexico who is passionate about fresh produce and is eager to take our import business to the next level. As our Sourcing Manager, you will be accountable to develop and grow our Mexico-origin fruits with a focus on the US market. You will be the expert in Mexican fruits & vegetables, and the go-to person on both strategic and tactical issues.
Tell us which fruits & vegetables you are strong/experienced in – we are interested in almost all of them! Terra Exports already handles several fruits from Mexico on a daily basis, so this is not starting something from scratch, but rather taking our business to the next level.
You will source from growers, packers, shippers in Mexico, and you will work with our USA sales team to build our inventory and help increase our domestic sales.
This position is perfect for someone who is tired of the corporate world and is ready to take on a great entrepreneurial challenge, without having to deal with glass ceilings or company politics. This position is a remote/work from home job. We offer a competitive salary.
Terra Exports’ Core Values:
- Be self-motivated, no micro-managing or pep talks over here!
- Provide excellent service to everyone we interact with.
- Take quick action; we exist because we’re fast, very fast!
- Be a team player, as we always put what’s right for the team first!
- Understand the value of reputation, because the impact of our collective decisions is our lifeblood!
Terra Exports is a do-ocracy; in other words, if you get out there and do stuff, you will be rewarded, and you will get recognition for that. This company belongs to all of us and if we don’t like something then we can, and we do change it, making this a place we actually want to work at!
- Represent and communicate the needs and supply requirements of the region within the category.
- Develop category programs that maximize net revenue opportunities while growing customer penetration and grower/vendor support.
- Support business development activity and own pipeline both in terms of existing customer penetration and new/new activity.
- Oversee the day to day management of the category including communication, execution, service levels-both directions, project management, contract proposals, new target quoting, and reporting.
- Provide monthly and quarterly result reports related to the category.
- Own daily, promotional, and contract pricing decisions.
- Support and help drive company branded sales programs.
- Focus on innovation within the category by establishing a truly differentiated through packaging and varietals; offering to match the market and customer needs.
- Consistently provide education to all internal sales and account managers throughout the region.
- Be a positive role model for Terra Exports within the category in the broader industry.
- Spanish written & spoken, advanced level.
- Minimum 2+ years fresh fruits & vegetables experience in a sourcing role.
- Strategic and creative thinking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer/supplier service skills.
- High degree of knowledge of the grower/shipper side of the industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Travel as needed, primarily within Mexico.