Tom Lange Company, Inc. is seeking candidates for an Account Manager position in our Indianapolis office. Account Managers are responsible for the full lifecycle of each sales transaction as they produce, sell and arrange for transportation of fresh fruits and vegetables. Account Manager compensation is based on experience and includes a base salary/draw and commissions. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt position reporting to the Vice President of Sales.
Tom Lange Company is an international distributor of fresh fruits and vegetables with a Global Produce Network, serving the retail, wholesale and food service industries around the world. We have been in the produce business for over 55 years and are proud to be 100% employee owned.
Tom Lange Company is looking for a motivated team player who also works well independently, is persistent in making and following-up on sales, provides impressive customer service and has an entrepreneurial attitude.Candidates with a background in the produce industry are encouraged to apply, but produce experience is not necessary. We will train a motivated individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn the industry and work hard to establish relationships and make profitable sales.
- Maintain and manage files
- Timely processing of invoices
- Manage relationships with existing customers and develop new and profitable customer base
- All roles and responsibilities associated with a truck broker, which include but are not limited to:
- Cold-calling for new customer relationships
- Developing a strong network of carriers
- Coordinating, tracking and scheduling of shipments
- Investigating and resolving all claims in a timely manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in sales, preferable commission-based sales
- Distribution and wholesale experience preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Fearlessness in conducting sales over the phone, including cold calls
- Excitement about building and maintaining relationships with customers, shippers and carriers
- Proficiency with MS Office is necessary
- A college degree or other post-secondary education is preferred, especially with courses in sales, communications, business, logistics, supply chain, economics and/or marketing