True Leaf Farms is the grower owned processing facility and brand of our value added product line. The combined farming programs of the Gill and Church families create a strong, year-round source of raw product for our True Leaf Farms processing plant.
As Steve Church describes it, “our processing plant is an orchestration.” Our talented team at the plant syncs the efforts of farming, harvesting, food safety, quality assurance and sales to produce hundreds of triple washed SKUs daily.
True Leaf Operations begins with reliable growers and researched seed varieties. Food Safety and Quality Control Programs establish the guidelines to begin and determine how we will proceed. Carefully selected fields are either machine or hand harvested into totes or bins, depending on the crop. In many cases a refrigerated truck brings the field product to the processing plant.
We have an immediate opening for a Food Safety and Quality Document Control Compliance Associate to join our team in San Juan Bautista, CA.
The FSQ Document Control and Compliance Associate has two areas of responsibility – Document Control (SafetyChain) and Compliance. The FSQ Document Control and Compliance Associate is responsible for the overall implementation and maintenance of the SafetyChain program. He/She will serve as the subject matter expert for SafetyChain. He/She will assist in bringing all True Leaf Farms Food Safety and Organic programs in compliance with regulatory guidance and laws, company’s mission and policies, and customers specifications and requirements. He/She will ensure Supplier Compliance and Supplier Verification Program by utilizing SafetyChain.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Biology or related field
- At least 2 years experience in quality assurance, food safety, product development or related field
- PCQI Certified · Experience in FSMA, HACCP, BRC, SQF, Primus GFS, FSVP, FSSC 22000, etc; certified preferred
- Document control / database maintenance experience, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience in Safety Chain, Red Zone, Azzule, Food Logic, Quick Base, etc, preferred · Excellent writing, verbal and communication skills
- Bilingual – able to speak, read and write in English and Spanish
- Candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidate must be team oriented
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Candidate must be able to handle several projects in a fast-paced environment
This is a tremendous opportunity to join one of the most highly respected companies in the industry!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.