True® is the worldwide leader in diverse and innovative production of organic fertilizers. We are a family-owned business who respectfully treats our growers’ land as if it were our own. We are passionately dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality, safest and easiest-to-handle organic fertilizers developed exclusively to help you grow your business.
We have an immediate opening for an Operations Manager (Dry Ops and Feed) to join us in our Helm, CA facility.
You will be responsible for the coordination and control of manufacturing operations and capacities to support Dry Ops and Feed goals. Aligns the manufacturing capabilities to support cost efficiency and continuous improvement to ensure meeting customer satisfaction (quality and demand).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures that all work assigned to the position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean working areas in assigned work sites.
- Works with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls and coordinates the manufacturing activities of Dry Ops and Feed departments.
- Formulates accurate raw material batches and maintains optimal flow of raw material requirements while supplying pellet mill operation.
- Oversees the production process, draws up a production schedule.
- Ensures that the production is cost effective.
- Makes sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Plan the human and material resources needed.
- Budgets and estimates costs and sets the quality standards.
- Responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment during production runs.
- Monitors product standards and implements quality-control programs.
- Supervises and motivates teams and workers.
- Identifies training needs.
- Assures that production equipment and facilities are maintained in proper working condition and in a validated mode by assuring use of Change Control procedures.
- Ensures that all SOPs and batch records are maintained to reflect current manufacturing methods and are in conformance with product licenses and labels.
- Reviews processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Prepares and maintains production reports or personnel records.
- Coordinates or recommends procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Initiates or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
- Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group setting which provides a positive influence on co-workers.
- Liaisons among different departments, e.g. Yard, Lab or Warehouse.
- Works with management to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- As an employee of True Organic Products it is everyone’s responsibility to adhere to all safety and company policies including: the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Food Safety and the employee handbook.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures implementation and evolution of safety procedures.
- Ensures that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with safety policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Works alongside quality control to ensure product is up to company standards.
- Ensures adequate training of departmental personnel in GMPs and SOPs.
- Ensures timely submission and completion of all manufacturing quality documentation to meet established timelines.
- Sets and monitors product standards, examines samples of raw products or directs testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in operations management (desired but not required), accounting or related field desired; 3 to 6 years of increasing management responsibility in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 year experience working with pellet mills or extruding machinery. Good technical understanding of equipment and machine set up.
- Training or hands on experience with lean manufacturing, continuous improvement or six sigma.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Bilingual (Spanish) highly desired and recommended though not required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Light travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee normally is required to stand. Employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions that include dust, wind and sun.
- Environment at plant is dirty, dusty, odiferous, and 24/7 in all types of weather.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.