United Fresh is looking for an individual to support fresh produce industry transportation and supply chain initiatives, and grow the Global Cold Chain Expo for the global perishable food industry.
The manager is responsible for engaging fresh produce industry supply chain experts to help meet their ever-changing complex business challenges. The manager will be responsible for working with United Fresh and its partners in building the Global Cold Chain Expo to serve this growing industry. The manager will be primarily responsible for exhibit sales by actively generating new leads; promoting business opportunities to these potential clients by phone, letter and email; and closing exhibit sales. The candidate will also be responsible for working with internal and external team members to develop a strong content platform to attract Global Cold Chain Expo buyers and other interested parties.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the United Fresh Supply Chain Logistics Council, working with members and senior staff to identify new opportunities for industry programs and initiatives.
- Study and learn perishable supply chains in order to identify potential clients and products that would benefit from exhibiting in the Global Cold Chain Expo.
- Expand account base to new customers through active prospecting, including research activities, reviewing competing products, and interaction with industry experts.
- Make outbound sales calls to potential clients and close deals for all available expo inventory.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new customers in order to sell new opportunities and offerings.
- Build and sustain a service-oriented culture of account management, client support, and external relations.
- Maintain prospect/client database and track all sales activities.
- Work closely with the VP, Exhibitions and Industry Innovation to achieve sales goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three to five years’ experience in B2B sales (experience in expo, sponsorship or advertising sales a plus)
- Strong phone, organizational, and customer-oriented skills a must
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with key clients
- Proficiency in structuring and closing deals
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people of various disciplines
- Numbers-driven, highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic and the ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to industry events
- Knowledge of the supply chain/transportation industry helpful