UPPER VALLEY PRODUCE believes in providing its customers with the freshest products exactly when they need it. UVP is a wholesale produce company centrally located in White River Junction, Vermont. We have been at the forefront of the regionally responsible food movement, serving as a vital link in connecting local and regional growers to the greater New England markets. Our grower and producer relationships combined with customized logistics make us a leader in the distribution industry.
UPPER VALLEY PRODUCE supplies restaurants and retailers across Vermont and New Hampshire with impeccably fresh fruits and vegetables at a competitive price.
We are currently accepting resumes for a General Manager to join our team in White River Junction, VT.
It is important to UVP to find a leader who is very intentional in creating the cultural rules for our organization. Our new GM will be flexible and will foster a culture where people help each other when they are struggling. Our GM will not only be concerned with results but also with how we get there. This is a person who can give graceful and timely feedback and who does not tolerate incivility.
And of course, the General Manager is responsible for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the company and will contribute directly to its continued growth.
Reporting to the board of directors, this position offers a wide range of decision making responsibilities. The perfect individual loves to have a hands-on approach, turn the dials and influence the growth and success of the entire organization without micro-managing. 4 direct reports and 60 employees, 15M$ revenue, Non-unionized, Situated in White River Junction, VT.
This is a perfect position for an energetic leader who is resilient, strong in dealing with people and customers and who brings strong and stable experience to the table.
UVP is looking for someone who has held growing positions in Small and Medium size Enterprises (SME).
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among leaders and all members of staff
- Influence and bring together all internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a strategic leader by developing and implementing the company’s 5 year strategic plan
- Bring the company to 18M$ mark in revenue
- Provide accurate analysis, make recommendations and implement growth initiatives, key performance indicators, reports and financial trends as well as operational procedures
- Create, improve, implement and enforce policies and procedures that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the company
- Communicate effectively and build credibility throughout the organization and with the board of directors
- Provide expert financial guidance and advice to the leadership team (direct reports and Board)
- Improve the planning and budgeting process
- Work with our external controller to develop a solid cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Offer expert advice on contracts, negotiations or business deals that the corporation may enter into
- Evaluate company’s financial, operational, and sales & marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies
- Executive Presence and ability maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments
- Strong people leadership ability (creating a culture, giving feedback, fostering teamwork etc)
- Strategic mindset & business acumen
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to make decisions
- Continually drive effective results and growth
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in business, MBA preferred
- Must have food industry (wholesale preferred) experience in small or medium size enterprises with 5-10 years in a similar position