The Facilities Manager, oversees all facilities-related maintenance, reliability, and workplace safety operations within the Urban Remedy Production Facility. The Facilities Manager takes a hands-on approach to leadership, effectively engaging, motivating, and coaching team members. Develops the road-map for safety and operational efficiency and sets the standard for best practices.
This role ensures compliance and adherence to all applicable internal and regulatory requirements for Occupational Safety and Health as well as for Food Safety standards.
Urban Remedy’s core values of Our Foundation, Accountability, Creativity, Change, Integrity and Empowerment guide our team in representing Urban Remedy to our associates, vendors, customers, and the media. All employees are expected to embrace these core values as part of their daily work-life with Urban Remedy.
- Oversees facility-related assets and ensure proper use and distribution of equipment, including maintenance, building, security, electrical systems, utility systems, refrigeration, manufacturing equipment, and overall upkeep of the distribution center
- Serves as the Safety Manager; chairs the Workplace Safety committee and develops, organizes and leads workplace safety trainings.
- Develops and Executes health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepares and enforces policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Ensures compliance with all safety standards.
- Conducts a monthly walk-through of Production Facility and Support Center to identify and rectify safety concerns.
- Manages the Maintenance Technician (direct report) and ensures a well-organized, prioritized list of facility and equipment repairs and maintenance activities.
- Works closely with outside vendors and monitors contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications; solicits bids and quotes.
- Coordinates projects of various sizes including large-scale repair and new facility construction projects.
- Repairs or replaces defective equipment or parts within the facility.
- Regularly takes preventative measures to safeguard the facility against any kind of degradation.
- Inspects and records maintenance work and associated costs.
- Identify problems and brainstorm improvement strategies for the Production Facility.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a maintenance mechanic or related field in a food manufacturing facility.
- Knowledgeable in HAACP/ GMP/SQF.
- Well-versed in recent OSHA regulations and compliance; OSHA certified a plus.
- Qualified to handle electrical components, controls, and HVAC.
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change; strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Continuous improvement and project management skills.
- Effective leader and communicator for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- High level of integrity and ethics with excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrated engagement in making the world a better place through sustainable business practices and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
Technical Skills Required
- Experience in the use of all electrical/mechanical tools and power tools for conducting general repairs.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- OSHA certification a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position works with electrical and mechanical tools and power tools within a manufacturing environment.
- Position involves work with computer and keyboarding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May spend long periods of time working in a cold refrigerated environment.
- Sitting 30%, walking 50%, standing 20%
- Ability to bend and reach overhead.
- Mobility in manufacturing environment.