The Produce Inspector responsibility is to ensure produce quality that is received from supplier, stored in the warehouse, and shipped to our customers meets the specifications set by US Foods. Perform daily inspections of all incoming fresh produce deliveries and the inspection of all fresh produce in inventory within our coolers. Make decision to reject or accept fresh produce at receiving and ensure appropriate processes are followed that are consistent with PACA laws when a rejection is necessary. Make decision to withdraw produce from inventory that does not meet the specifications set by US Foods. Work directly in conjunction with warehouse management to identify and address food safety concerns. Maintain records of inspections. Collaborate, when necessary with replenishment lead on dumps, damages and produce re-work decisions. Key metrics include: customer satisfaction by minimizing returns and
- Communicate daily with the replenishment lead and warehouse manager on all issues related to fresh produce. Make recommendations on dump and damage or repackaging.
- Verify Purchase Order quantities and inspect quality for all inbound perishable loads.
- Inspect all inbound trucks for signs of pest and rodents before unloading.
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, storage, and shipping of fresh produce. Identify any issues to warehouse management.
- Document temperatures of all inbound loads and report to warehouse manager and replenishment lead any violations.
- Responsible for checking for proper rotation of all produce inventory.
- Perform daily quality inspections for all fresh produce items in inventory.
- Perform daily date checks and pull all out dated fresh produce from pick and reserve slots.
- Complete daily dump and damage report and give to warehouse supervisor or inventory control.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Training: High school diploma or GED required
Related Experience: Minimum 2 years Produce or other Perishable Receiving and Inspection Experience Required, Knowledge of USDA Grades and Standards Required
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must work well without close supervision, must have ability to work in a cold environment, and must have good oral and written communication skills