Since 1987 Valley Pride, Inc. is one of California’s leading harvesting companies of high quality produce and is headquartered in Salinas, California. Valley Pride, Inc. has harvesting operations throughout California and Arizona.
We have an immediate opening for a Food Safety Supervisor to join us in Salinas, CA
The Food Safety Supervisor works under the direction of the Field Operations Manager. This position is responsible for designing, developing and leading the implementation of the systems for measuring and managing conformity to Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement (LGMA), National Organic Program (NOP), Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)/EPA and other established regulatory, industry and proprietary standards in all regions of the company’s operations including the Salinas Valley, Huron, Coachella and Yuma Arizona.
They will also oversee the day-to-day performance of the Sanitation Department and Sanitation employees.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in biological or food science preferred. Will consider other degree with comparable experience in food/industrial safety. Will also consider relevant years of experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- HACCP, FSMA PCQI, FSMCE, SFQA certification or combination a plus.
- Three to five plus years’ experience in food safety/food quality assurance. Experience in industrial safety a plus.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English.
- Advance math skills are required.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must have ability to speak in large group settings to employees, customers and vendors.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Must have positive, proactive and problem-solving attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to execute defined procedures, following specific instructions as written.
- Demonstrated ability formulate well-defined processes and procedures in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new duties with minimal repetition.
- Demonstrated ability communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships at all levels.
- Seasonal travel may be required to areas such as Castroville, CA; Coachella, CA; Huron, CA and Yuma Arizona.
Valley Pride, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.