The Vanguard International Group is a leading vertically-integrated, globally diversified, fresh fruit enterprise. Proudly representing the group in North America, Vanguard Direct serves as the marketing and sales arm of Vanguard in North America for all imported fresh produce.
When we say “We Own It“ at Vanguard Direct, we know that ownership has its benefits. It allows us to carefully control the entire process from varietal selection to harvesting, packing, and delivery to our customers.
We grow over 2,400 acres of the most desirable proprietary seedless grape varieties on our own ranches in Ica, Peru, and we market for growers in California, Chile, Mexico, South Africa, and around the world.
Our best-in-class packhouse is located next to our ranches in Ica, which allows us to pre-cool, pack, and store quickly before they are shipped to North America and other destinations around the world.
Our Core Values
- Hardworking, dedicated, persistent, and professional!
- Obsessive about straight-forward, transparent communications!
- Concerned about our business partners' well-being and profitability!
- Committed to meeting or exceeding our business partners’ expectations!
We now have an immediate opening for a Sales Associate to join our team in Bakersfield, CA.
The Sales Associate will build long-lasting, loyal customer relationships and manage existing customers daily transactions. The Sales Associate will coordinate transportation for delivered orders and manage all aspects of our “on-shore“ food safety programs.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Drive daily sales to assigned customers to achieve 100% of the Annual Sales Budget.
- Build and maintain customer base for assigned territory.
- AR and collections.
Logistics & Accounting:
- Coordinate transportation for shipments.
West Coast Operations:
- Oversee daily operations.
- Oversee re-packing and quality assurance.
Manage effective Food Safety Program:
- Maintain accurate records and ensure all processes are consistently upheld.
- Gain detailed knowledge of all programs: Global Gap, HAACP, FSVP, C-TPAT, and others.
- Coordinate with production to update specific customer requirements.
What does Success look like?
- Develop 5 new clients per season within assigned territory.
- Work with sales team to ensure prompt delivery on sales commitments.
- Work directly with port operations and East/West coast operations.
- Keep assigned customers’ AR current.
- Secure competitive transportation rates and monitor invoices.
- Connect with Peru on sales, QC, inventory, and shipments.
- Constant contact with West Coast and East Coast operations on sales, inventory, and QC management.
You should be:
- Comfortable giving sales presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.