Are you looking for a unique and challenging accounting position with a great company and a dynamic team? Do you enjoy helping businesses run more efficiently due to your critical contributions? If so, Veg Fresh Farms would like to hear from you!
At Veg-Fresh Farms, our cooperative relationships, high standards and commitments to safety and sustainability serve as the foundation for our successful partnerships. With a team comprised of many second or third generation produce professionals, we provide our customers with unparalleled service from the top down!
As a family-owned and operated business, Veg-Fresh Farms’ mission is to provide the freshest, healthiest, best-tasting produce to our customers. We have built our reputation on commitment to the highest standards in food safety and sustainability, while focusing on our customer’s interests and providing innovative solutions to expand their business.
We are currently looking for a Grower Accountant to grow with us in our dynamic work atmosphere.
As a Grower Accountant, you will play an instrumental role in our business, assuming responsibility for a variety of challenging projects that will make a positive impact on our ability to serve our customers. You will be responsible for managing grower settlement and cost accounting processes and activates, ensuring compliance to all policies and controls. You will also be accountable for the consistency, efficiency and reliability of processes across assigned segments to ensure the quality of accounting records and information.
- Review reports, assess accuracy and completeness of charges (i.e. handling, storage, drayage, freight, customs, etc.) and follow up on corrections.
- Produce a weekly summary on trends (i.e. Sale prices, Margins, Variances to budget…) to Controller and CFO.
- Specialized grower accounting calculations, ledger postings, and accounting functions and settlements.
- Weekly calculations, system inputs and reconciliation of charges to the growers.
- Prepare necessary analytical schedules to support the month-end results.
- Prepare requested management reporting and analysis as it relates to crop investments for the Finance and Production departments.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as requested by management as it relates to crop investments.
- Generate daily and weekly Out of Spec and Dump inventory reporting for Grower Accountants.
- Assist in month-end, period-end, season-end, and year-end reporting for Grower pools.
- Review and enter new SKU set-up requests and maintain all SKU updates.
- Reconcile grower packaging inventories against physical counts.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a grower accountant.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is a plus.
- Proactively assist team members, managers, and employees as needed.
- Excellent problem solving skills to research and recommend solutions for cost accounting and processing issues that arise.
- Willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
- Ability to use independent judgment.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excelling with grower accounting responsibilities. They will take a common sense approach to problem-solving that shows through in their judgment, communication, and organizational skills. They will also be personable and outgoing, with great interpersonal skills.