Veg-Fresh Farms partners with farmers in California and Mexico to provide year-round conventional and organic fresh fruits and vegetables to our customers. This includes our organic melon program out of Firebaugh, CA, strawberries out of Santa Maria, CA, and tomatoes in Ensenada, Culiacan, and Sayula, MX. These partnerships allow us to offer consistent year-round supply.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Transportation Manager to join our team in Corona, CA.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for the logistical management of goods, staff and customer orders. With the ability to recognize challenges and effectively put solutions into place.
- Manages all aspects of National Sales, purchasing, fleet operations and works with other members of management
- Conduct company business with the highest form of ethics and level of integrity
- Ensures that facilities and trucks are being maintained and up to company and food safety code
- Ability to analyze information, make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and lead an ever-changing work environment
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with subordinates and management and be a team player who can motivate the staff and work well under pressure
- Track and ensure the transit times and shipments are delivered on time while maintaining shipping regulations
- Creating and maintaining customer relations while keeping confidentiality
The ideal Transportation Manager will be able to effectively oversee the transportation and logistics of our products while being able to prioritize and use analytical thinking on the go. They will have prior knowledge of the produce industry and regulations while maintaining the highest level of integrity.