Reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Supply, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating transportation and logistics as well as all activities related to the transportation of finished products, including ensuring the delivery of agreed orders with customers and different carriers for Canada and the United States.
Vegpro International Inc., is a dynamic, innovative organization operating state of the art facilities across the country with expertise in both growing and packing conventional and organic produce. Our approach to customer service is defined in terms of exceptional business partnerships. The company has nearly 1,000 employees in Canada and in United States and is a continuously growing company with a head office located in Quebec.
This is an exciting time for our company as we have doubled the size of our business over the past five years with an ambitious strategy and growth plan, aims to generate double digit growth annually.
Join our team and come and grow with us!
- Schedule appointments with clients to schedule deliveries
- Schedule appointments for the delivery of raw materials to suppliers
- Coordinate the work of delivery drivers for the delivery of trailers of raw materials or finished products
- Establish agreements with carriers
- Organize shipments according to pre-established schedules of transportation
- Optimize the routes used to make them more efficient and more profitable
- Communicate with carriers proactively to ensure effective planning
- Carrier performance monitoring
- Prepare the necessary documents (eg PO) and send them to the carriers
- Ensuring that transportation costs correspond to negotiated agreements
- Coordinate shipment tracking and delivery date changes with customers and different carriers
- Coordinate the replenishment of raw materials
- Participate in the complaints management process
- Manage and coordinate internal sales activities
- Manage and coordinate sales activities with customers
- Perform follow-up activities using client or industry software (WalMart, Retail Link, Sobey's, Focus, GS1 ...) and, extract or enter relevant data related to our sales activities
- Equipment maintenance management
- Plan and commission the inspection and maintenance of tractors and trailers as required or in accordance with SAAQ inspection schedules
- Perform any other related tasks
- DEC in transport logistics or any other equivalent training
- 5 years experience in the transportation field
- English spoken and written
- Good knowledge of Canadian and American geography
- Good command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of ERP or WMS systems an asset
- Be available 7 days a week
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule, with adaptable periods of peaks and seasons
Rigor, attention to detail, ability to influence, organizational skills, structured, proactive, ability to work under pressure, problem solving, resourcefulness, customer service and teamwork.