Under the responsibility of the Production Supervisor, the Day Worker, Fresh Cut Production will have to perform a variety of tasks related to the packaging of lettuce, spinach or vegetables for the preparation of salads. You will be assigned to one of the four sectors in the plant (raw and wash, clamshell, kits or insertions) on a regular or ad hoc basis, depending on the realities and operational priorities.
- Open and place the plastic boxes on the washing line
- Cut, weigh, pre-wash and prepare lettuce or vegetables
- Fill lettuce bins clean and ready for packing
- Inspect labels on product, product quality, plastic wrap
- Distribute bowls, lids, packaging boxes on the various production lines
- Place the ingredients manually in the "insert" containers
- Place the insert in the lettuce bowls
- Prepare and identify the pallets at the locations intended for shipment
- Perform other related duties
- High school diploma is an asset
- 0 to 6 months of relevant experience ideally in an environment; manufacturing or agribusiness
- Ability to work standing in a refrigerated and humid environment (3°C)
- Be able to speak and understand English, Spanish is an asset
- Ability to lift loads up to 50 Ib (some workstations)
Vegpro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaves, salad and vegetable, supplying customers in North America all year long under a well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong a rapidly growing presence in the US.
We have purchased approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream and we will build a produce packing plant of 70,000 square foot state. We intend to begin operations in BC starting in the spring/early summer of 2018.
We are a dynamic, innovative organization operating state of the art facilities across the country with expertise in both growing and packing conventional and organic produce. Our approach to customer service is defined in terms of exceptional business partnerships. The company has nearly 1,000 employees in Canada and in United States and is a continuously growing company with a head office located in Quebec. The company has doubled the size of its business over the past five years with an ambitious strategy and growth plan, aims to generate double digit growth annually. The company’s strategy is to replicate its business model in the Northeast by expanding in British Columbia. An entry into the Western Canadian market will provide an opportunity to offer national coverage to our customers with products that meet strong local trends and responding to our customers demand for healthy, organic convenient and better for you diet.
- Fast execution
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ease of learning