To respond to strong growth opportunities in the West, the company is seeking for a full time irrigation supervisor.
The Irrigation Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates and directs irrigation operations according to established standards. The Irrigation Supervisor will ensure the continuous development of irrigation practices and the optimum use of equipment, including water pumping and distribution infrastructures.
Plan work schedules, staffing and equipment needs based on programs, schedules, crops and production sites
- Organize the work and communicate to his team the daily sequence of tasks, directives and procedures to be accomplished
- Ensure the quality of the work, assist his teams and ensure compliance with deadlines and operational standards
- Coordinate irrigation work with the planting team, field preparation and phytosanitary treatments to avoid operational conflicts
- Address logistical and technical problems that may arise during the day and report any irregularities to the supervisor
- Organize regular sampling of water, route them for analysis in accordance with the policies of the GAP and apply corrective actions where appropriate
Ensure the management of the infrastructures and fleet of equipment of his department and see the development of irrigation practices according to objectives of efficiency and quality:
- Standardize / rationalize the protocols for the use of equipment and water management, participate in the analysis of costs and efficiency of irrigation in relation to the different production sites, types of soil, The peculiarities of crops and growth stages
- Manage the use of equipment and water supply systems (pipelines, bays, canals), ensure preventive maintenance and optimize travel between production sites
- Control inventories of parts / materials / equipment and plan repairs and new purchases
- Periodically carry out calibration tests (sprinklers, injectors, operating pressures, pumps and wells) in order to detect anomalies and make the necessary follow-up
- Collaborate in the implementation of new practices: fertigation, monitoring of water requirements for crops and false seedlings, pipe handling, etc
- Screen water requirements using tensiometers to adjust irrigation requirements
- Assist the Production Coordinator and the Farm Manager in assessing the equipment needs and overall management of the water on the farm
Manage employees under their supervision (team leader and agricultural workers)
- Identify general labor requirements, communicate them to the assistant production coordinator and provide follow-up;
- Organizing the reception and training of new employees
- Mobilize employees to the farm's productivity objectives
- Assess and ensure the development of the skills of all employees
- Ensure sound management of disciplinary measures
Respect and ensure compliance with OHS and GAP food safety policies and procedures.
- DSC in horticultural production and environmental technology, farm business management and operations or any other relevant training. An absence of a diploma can be compensated by sufficient experience
- Experience of three (3) to five (5) years relevant in a similar position, ideally in vegetable production
- Relevant experience in personnel management
- Proficiency in oral and written English, spoken Spanish an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work long hours
- Mobilizing and decision-making leadership
- Global vision
- Sense of organization and management of priorities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ease of communication with employees
- Problem solving ability
Vegpro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaves, salad and vegetable, supplying customers in North America all year long under a well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong a rapidly growing presence in the US.
We have purchased approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream and we will build a produce packing plant of 70,000 square foot state. We intend to begin operations in BC starting in the spring/early summer of 2018.
We are a dynamic, innovative organization operating state of the art facilities across the country with expertise in both growing and packing conventional and organic produce. Our approach to customer service is defined in terms of exceptional business partnerships. The company has nearly 1,000 employees in Canada and in United-States and is a continuously growing company with a head office located in Quebec. The company has doubled the size of its business over the past five years with an ambitious strategy and growth plan, aims to generate double digit growth annually. The company’s strategy is to replicate its business model in the Northeast by expanding in British Columbia. An entry into the Western Canadian market will provide an opportunity to offer national coverage to our customers with products that meet strong local trends and responding to our customers demand for healthy, organic convenient and better for you diet.