To respond to strong growth opportunities in the West, the company is seeking for a full time Lift Truck Operator.
- Perform receipt and shipment of raw materials, finished products, packaging products and ingredients
- Ensure the integrity of the products
- Ensure that the quantities correspond to the receipt / shipment slip
- Digitize products in the EXA system
- Weigh, cool and place products where appropriate
- Rotate products (FIFO) according to storage standards
- Truck loading / unloading
- Receive the order forms and take note of the orders to be prepared during the day
- Prepare the orders according to the products indicated on the order form and this, using a pallet truck or a forklift
- Perform the inspection and daily maintenance of the forklift, survey equipment and the shunter
- Keep a clean work environment
- Respect OHS policies and procedures, good manufacturing practices (GMP, GFSI, HACCP and C-TPAT)
- Work safely and maintain a clean work environment
- Comply with the established dress code and the wearing of mandatory protective equipment
- Report any dangerous situation or potential contamination to the immediate superior
- High school diploma
- Minimum one (1) year experience in warehouse work, forklift driving and truck loading
- Possess valid forklift and driver skills cards
- Mastery of the principles of mathematical calculation
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Ability to work in a cool and humid place (3°C) and outdoors (summer and winter)
- Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of HACCP standards is an asset
- Sense of organization and priority management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
Vegpro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaves, salad and vegetable, supplying customers in North America all year long under a well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong a rapidly growing presence in the US.
We have purchased approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream and we will build a produce packing plant of 70,000 square foot state. We intend to begin operations in BC starting in the spring/early summer of 2018. We have several jobs positions to fill!
We are a dynamic, innovative organization operating state of the art facilities across the country with expertise in both growing and packing conventional and organic produce. Our approach to customer service is defined in terms of exceptional business partnerships. The company has nearly 1,000 employees in Canada and in United-States and is a continuously growing company with a head office located in Quebec. The company has doubled the size of its business over the past five years with an ambitious strategy and growth plan, aims to generate double digit growth annually. The company’s strategy is to replicate its business model in the Northeast by expanding in British Columbia. An entry into the Western Canadian market will provide an opportunity to offer national coverage to our customers with products that meet strong local trends and responding to our customers demand for healthy, organic convenient and better for you diet.