Vegpro International Inc. is a recognized leader for the innovation of its agricultural production, and salad and vegetable processing, supplying our customers year round on the East Coast. Known under the "Fresh Attitude" label, our pre-washed lettuce is available in several major grocery chains.
Vegpro International Inc. is a continuously growing Canadian company located in Quebec, Canada (St-Patrice-de-Sherrington) and has nearly 900 employees. The company offers a dynamic work environment and exciting challenges! The company has three (3) product packing plants, two (2) plants in Quebec and one (1) in Florida (Belle-Glade), in addition to farm land in Quebec and Florida.
The company is growing so you will contribute to accommodate the growth we are experiencing. There are over 200 employees throughout the company in Florida.
We are currently in search of a detail oriented Maintenance Mechanic for the day shift. Please review the qualifications and apply today for consideration!
Assist and direct workers in diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery;
Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and assign mechanic for repair;
Interprets company policies and safety regulations to ensure compliance and safe work environment;
Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules;
Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product;
Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures and assign and monitor personnel;
Ensure parts room is organized and parts inventory is properly maintained;
Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools and equipment needed;
Implements preventative maintenance programs / monitors existing programs;
Coordinates maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts.
- Working knowledge of Electronics, PLC's, VFD's, Servo Drives, Hydraulics, Pneumatics and mechanical capabilities of the equipment;
- Should poses working knowledge of refrigeration, heating and cooling systems;
- Previous Food Processing Equipment experience a plus;
- Experience with maintenance management systems (i.e. Proteus) a plus;
- Previous experience in a fresh cut processing facility a plus;
- Bilingual ( Spanish / English ) a plus;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities;
- Sound analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, including complexities of products, machinery, and costs.
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required;
- Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Sustain long work hours when necessary and flexibility of schedule. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time;
- Stress Tolerance: Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity). Should be able to interface with engineering and operations personnel. Handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization;
- Detail Oriented: Strives to understand the details. Balances analysis and action appropriately;
- Weekends and Holidays are required (generally Sunday off).
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Vacation