Veritable Vegetable supports organic farmers, increases access to fresh produce, and strengthens diverse communities.
Our unique, values-driven business model encourages political change, impacts food policy, and demonstrates a radically different approach to distributing organic produce.
As a women-led business, we create a fair and dynamic workplace through cooperative and collaborative leadership. We deeply value the people who make up our community of staff, growers, customers, and community partners.
We strive for excellence in our work, transparency in our relationships, and integrity through our actions. If this resonates with you, VV is the right place for you. We have a rigorous work ethic and invite you to join our important efforts.
We are currently looking for a highly organized and experienced Trucking Manager to manage and coordinate our trucking operation and ensure the highest levels of safety, customer service and environmental sustainability. We are looking for long term fits and will train the right candidate. We strongly encourage women, trans, non-binary, and BIPOC to apply.
Please consider applying, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the required qualifications or key abilities described.
- Workforce management, organization, support, and development
- Monitor and maximize route efficiencies and minimize overtime
- Dispatch in compliance with DOT rules and regulations
- Manage backhaul plan for best use of resources
- Breakdown and accident management
- Freight development and oversight
- Payroll and schedule management
- Develop and oversee safety training and procedures
- Participate in strategic planning, identify problems, design solutions
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Use logic, reasoning, and research to identify and solve problems
- Use data metrics to analyze work systems and develop cost-effective solutions
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems with equipment
- Customer Service skills – ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- 5+ years working in fresh produce transportation
- At least 1 year experience with organic produce
- Must have a valid Class A driver’s license and be an insurable driver
- Knowledge of proper storage requirements
- Understanding of material handling equipment
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Familiar with Trimble or similar telemetric program
- Only fully vaccinated candidates will be considered
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance on occasion
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, sit, keyboard and perform a variety of other physical functions as needed
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including the ability to withstand hot and cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for varying periods of time
- Ability to work on-call, nights and weekends as needed
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.