We are currently accepting applications for a Farm Supervisor to join our team in Columbia, SC.
The Farm Supervisor is responsible for managing the operations of an entire farm suite containing 27+ grow pods, as well as managing the team leads and direct farmers assigned to that suite. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Managing and operating day-to-day responsibilities to effectively and efficiently grow leafy greens in an indoor controlled environment of shipping containers (also referred to as grow pods)
- Enforcing safety and compliance measures as set by the Food Safety and Compliance Specialists - Will be a member of food safety committee and attend quarterly meetings
- Responsible for all order management, i.e. creating pack-slips for deliveries
- Hiring, staffing and scheduling management
- Provide the general manager with weekly suite analytics (sales, yields, labor demand) and P & L oversight
- Effectively communicating farm, system and personnel issues through appropriate channels
- Effectively communicating corporate and departmental updates to all full and part-time team members
- Establishing regular cadence for two-way communication channel with team members
- Overseeing all farm system functions as defined by horticulture/production team
- Supporting Operations Manager in achieving quarterly goals
- Inventory management for the suite
- Setting performance standards for tasks of Packers, Farmers, and Farm Leads
- Ensuring all teams are operating in accordance with set performance standards
- Stepping in and assisting team with daily activities when necessary
- Identifying areas where improvement is needed, setting goals, and assisting Farm Leads and Farmers in meeting set goals
- Operating all duties with company core values in mind
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team
- Ability to motivate others and maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Can consistently lift 20-40lbs
- Must be available to be after hours on call once every 6-8 weeks
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay focused on the same task for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Drug free workplace at all times
All candidates are required to undergo pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
Vertical Roots is one of three companies working together, including Tiger Corner Farms and Boxcar Central. All three companies roll up to our parent company, AmplifiedAg. We are innovating a more powerful and efficient way of farming through state-of-the-art technologies. In doing this, we are engaging a new generation of farmers and providing them with sustainable jobs.
What We Do:
- Vertical Roots is a farming operation that currently services 100+ restaurants, six grocery store chains, and 25 local public schools using our technology.
- Tiger Corner Farms is a hydroponic container farm manufacturer dedicated to building high quality, efficient indoor farms in order to create opportunities for farmers.
- Boxcar Central is a technology company that provides the controls and the software needed to integrate, automate, and monitor all aspects of an enterprise farming environment, from seed to sale.
- Precision: Pay attention to every detail
- Respect: We are a team and treat each other with kindness
- Integrity: Be fair, trustworthy and honest
- Empowerment: Every team member has a voice and can provoke change
- Consistency: Do it the right way, every time
- Fun: Have a positive attitude and enjoy
Why You Want to Work Here:
- Highly competitive wages in our industry
- Strong employer contributed and voluntary benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability, critical illness, accident benefits
- Tremendous company culture and paid time off policy