Village Farms has almost thirty years of experience in the hydroponics greenhouse industry. Beginning with just ten acres of greenhouse facilities, Village Farms today operates more than 262 acres, and markets an additional 120 acres of greenhouse. We are the leading vegetable greenhouse producer and supplier in North America, and have earned a reputation in the industry.
We now have an opportunity for a Facility Manager/Grower to join us in our West Texas (Marfa/Fort Davis) facility.
The Facility Manager will be responsible for all greenhouse operations including maintenance of all equipment, assisting in the management of all activities connected to the site, except packing. They will assist in all aspects of crop production including quality control, and ensuring all required documentation is completed in a timely manner.
The successful candidatel must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision-making.
- Knowledge of Spanish language
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good negotiation techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or related field
- Minimum five (5) years experience in greenhouse management
- Prior experience with Synopta environmental software preferred
- Prior experience with Productive Labor Tracking System preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package, and a great work environment.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.