Volm Companies is a one-stop source for specialized packaging solutions for agriculture-related businesses seeking a partner capable of delivering not just the packaging equipment or consumables they need, but a “from packing facility to market shelf” solution they can count on. We are a family- owned company started in Wisconsin 65 years ago and now have manufacturing and distribution facilities across North America.
We are currently searching for a West Coast Regional Sales Manager, who will be responsible for supervising and organizing an assigned regional sales professional team.
You will be in charge of managing organizational sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with our marketing department on lead generation. You will also be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of your salespeople.
This key role will be responsible for driving execution of the annual sales and gross profit budget and will also be held accountable for driving new retail consumable programs annually. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be able to provide monthly sales forecasts for each sales professional and work in synchronization with the Equipment Sales Director.
- Mentor, coach and co-travel with sales professionals
- Drive new retail consumable programs
- Provide monthly sales forecasts for each sales professional
- Participate in special projects and improve internal processes
- Ensure the sales professional’s travel & entertainment expenses are within budget
- Provide input during annual sales and budget planning exercises
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Must have at least 7 years as a successful Sales Representative or Account Manager
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have knowledge of and/or completion of a Microsoft Beginners Training Course, to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to travel extensively
- Experience in fresh produce is desired