RAMCO is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our Watsonville Produce team. The ideal candidate must be able to work in Moss Landing, CA from April - November and in Yuma, AZ from mid-November - March annually.
The Maintenance Technician will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain produce processing equipment and conducts miscellaneous repairs to keep our facility safe and functional, in addition to ensuring compliance with state and federal food safety standards.
- Repairs and maintains processing equipment, facility and miscellaneous items to company standards.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks.
- Tracks and records completed repairs, and maintains accurate records within facility tracking system.
- Further develops technical skills and competencies to expand ability to maintain additional assets in the plant.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- May perform other duties as directed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Formal trade related training/education and/or certification(s) a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience, working in facility maintenance or equipment repair.
- Ability to accomplish maintenance assignments in accordance with company policies, SOP’s and regulations.
- Understands the importance of Food Safety in a food processing/manufacturing environment
- Ability to read electrical schematics, flow charts and technical documents.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to solve problems with a sense of urgency.