Well•Pict Berries is a marketer/shipper of premium, proprietary variety strawberries, offered in both conventional and organic lines. In addition to their strawberries, they also ship proprietary, conventional raspberries year-round. Every Well•Pict berry is from one of Well•Pict’s own varieties, carefully bred through traditional cross-pollination techniques for superior flavor, size, and color. To achieve a 12-month supply of berries, Well•Pict works with independent growers in Watsonville, Oxnard, Santa Maria, Baja California, and Florida.
We now have an immediate opening for a Human Resources and Safety Manager to join our team in Watsonville, CA.
The Human Resources and Safety Manager will keep the team notified of all changes to employment and labor laws. Manage and document hiring, onboarding, required training and development of employees including maintaining training databases.
This position is also responsible for the continuous overall coordination and implementation of health and safety programs to ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and policies, but most importantly, to ensure employee safety. This is done by developing, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance at all levels within the company.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-literate English/Spanish required
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record
- Travel approximately both Salinas and Watsonville locations
- Outside work that may require walking and standing in fields during all weather conditions
- Agricultural background a plus
- H2A Visa Program experience is a plus and desirable
- Computer literate in Microsoft office, i.e. Word, Excel
- Experience will replace education
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits, along with a great place to work, and great people to work with.