- Research, prospect and establish leads for new members and corporate relationships ensuring an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative sales approach to recommend appropriate programs and services.
- Achieve sales quotas and targets.
- Develop a personal sales plan, which includes territory/account information, personal/professional goals, daily/weekly/monthly activities and is willing to be held accountable.
- Spend 75% of time prospecting for potential members using various methods such as cold/warm calling, asking for referrals, face to face meetings and networking.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge to have meaningful and purposeful conversations with prospective members.
- Conduct sales appointments with executive-level decision makers.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop/improve sales tools and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted revenue goals.
- Use SalesForce.com (SFDC) as a key sales enabling technology and ensure timely and accurate updating of prospect activity into the SFDC database.
- Create awareness of the association through developed community outreach, events and connectivity strategies.
- Create and maintain pre and post contact/visit reports to document prospect interactions.
- Meet member retention goals through regular and frequent contact to ensure that members are engaged at various levels and that they understand the overall member benefits and services.
- Represent Western Growers at networking events and tradeshows.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge to have meaningful and purposeful conversations with members.
- Keep detailed notes on member interactions in company CRM.
- Create pre and post contact/visit reports to document member interactions and feedback from members after outreaches and interactions and implement follow up strategies.
- Grow revenue streams through promotion of association to new and prospective members.
- Confer with prospects/members by telephone or in person in order to provide consultative services to members about their business needs, questions, and other requests.
- Collaborate with other departments/units to promote and cross-sell other products and services provided by Western Growers including the promotion of the Western Growers Transportation program to regular shipping members and prospects.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the US (mainly California and Arizona) up to 50% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years in outside relationship-based selling of services versus products preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to sell to President’s, CEO’s, CFO’s, and/or HR Directors.
- Strong communication skills – writing, speaking, presenting
- Experience in all sales activities from lead generation through close.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas, have a strong hunter mentality, along with an uncompromising commitment to member satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently but within a team environment.
- Knowledge of produce industry, agriculture, insurance, public policy and logistics highly desirable
- Sales/membership experience is preferred
- Prior work with a CRM system is highly desired
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. up to 50% of time.