Western Precooling is the leading full-service provider of precooling equipment, facilities and services.
We are looking for an experienced Ammonia Refrigeration Technician in our Castroville, CA location.
As an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician, you will perform preventative and predictive maintenance on various types of ammonia and/or freon refrigeration equipment. Additionally, you will play a decisive role ensuring adherence to the design specifications of the refrigeration systems through periodic testing and inspections.
- Perform installation & alteration of refrigeration systems & related equipment & facilities
- Troubleshoot & repair all mechanical & electrical equipment
- Assist in the Preventative Maintenance Program using work orders issued by Supervision and documenting work performed on equipment to maintain in operation
- Adjustments of equipment in a Safe Manner as needed during production
- Familiar with start-up and shut down processes in production plants
- Ability to use lock out / tag out process to isolate equipment prior to working on unit
- Ability to trouble shoot electrical components with meter when equipment is down
- Establish schedule for the replacement of parts without disrupting process unless repair cannot be performed safely
- Assist in the supervision of a work force
- Ammonia refrigeration experience or refrigeration experience
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- The ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Experience with air compressors and associated control systems
- Good communication skills to insure timely repairs of equipment and issues that arise
This is a full-time position, with excellent benefit offerings such as medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and profit-sharing plans. Compensation will depend on experience and background.