Western Precooling is the leading full-service provider of precooling equipment, facilities and services in the fresh produce industry. We are proud of what we have accomplished and the quality of services we provide our customers. At the same time, we are always pushing to improve.
We are looking for a Division Controller who will provide financial leadership and support to our Oxnard cooling and services operations. Responsibilities include budget preparation, analysis and review, as well as the development of key metrics and management reports.
- Directs and supervises Oxnard accounting staff, ensuring all accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and financial operation reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Reviews all Oxnard operation financial reports for accuracy. This includes monthly divisional financial statements and conducts financial analysis as required
- Supports Oxnard managers in annual budget preparation, including forecasting volumes and budget reviews
- Helps facilitate the service call process and administration
- Recommends and establishes policies and procedures relating to financial practices of the Oxnard operation
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications with the President, Oxnard General Manager, Operating Managers, clients, affiliates, vendors and all other business contacts
- Proven success in an accounting environment, utilizing shipping software and accounting software programs. Microsoft Dynamics 365 experiences preferred. Prior experience in the agricultural and/or cooling industry a plus
- Successful completion of one budget cycle, which includes preparing reports, review with managers and analysis throughout the cycle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and related experience and/or training in accounting, finance; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to create and develop accounting reports and systems
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner