The Sales Account Manager will be a joining a global organization with 68+ years of history and is one of the leading growers and suppliers of avocados in the world.
Westfalia Fruit specializes in fresh avocados and is committed to multiple supply chain processes, including but not limited to research & development, growing, sourcing, packing and ripening, which enables our organization to distribute year-round quality avocados.
With 9 dedicated international sales offices, Westfalia Fruit is able to effectively leverage its vertically integrated supply chain to bring our customers a 12 month supply of quality avocados from global growing regions.
This position will join our USA sales team that distributes avocados year-round to retail, foodservice and wholesale customers throughout North America. This individual will be enthusiastic, confident, and a self-starter and will need to partner with cross functional employees to assist, influence, recommend and execute sales and business development strategies. The Sales Account Manager will also be asked to build strong relationships with existing and potential customers. The ability to communicate clearly with others and make decisions is a must. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Build, manage, and grow customer relationships
- Participate in business development activity
- Attend trade events
- Communicate with vendors as needed
- Assignment of special projects as required
- Previous sales experience
- Avocado industry experience
- Spanish speaking
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word experience
- Ability to travel up 10%
- Detailed oriented and willing to work in fast paced environment