The Zuckerman Family is a well-established distributor of fresh market potatoes across the United States and Canada. Since the early 1900’s the Zuckerman’s have been farming in the heart of the San Joaquin Delta in Stockton, California. Zuckerman Produce can meet the demands of quality produce for the Retail, Wholesale and Foodservice sectors of the produce industry. We are a Blue Book Trading Member.
We are seeking an extremely motivated individual to join our sales team.. The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a motivation to contribute to a growing business. They will be detail-oriented and able to analyze changing market factors, and have a comprehensive understanding of the fresh produce supply-chain.
Zuckerman Produce offers a very competitive salary and commission package.
- Experienced in selling to regional chains, wholesalers, and others.
- Proficient with Famous or other similar software.
- Able to develop new customers that fit into our overall marketing plan.
- Negotiate and collaborate with customers on pricing and promotions.
- Participate in daily inspection of warehouse products. Review inventory count sheets to assure accuracy of product available, and any overages or shortages, sales staff needs to be made aware of.
- Communicate effectively and routinely with sales, warehousing and transportation departments.
- Monitor and report trends in the industry and maintain awareness of market trends, food safety, and weather across all growing regions.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions and goals.
- Working closely with the farming staff throughout the year regarding potato crop planning, program direction and daily updates during the harvest season.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the produce industry is required.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Quick learner, a logical thinker and team oriented.
- Ability to adapt to order changing, high volume, and fast pace work environment.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree preferred