Responsible and accountable for providing leadership to Sr. Crew Leads and production staff in assigned departments to achieve departmental and production business objectives. These responsibilities include coordination and direction of activities on the production floor; applying knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment in the production of all products. Responsible for ensuring the safety and compliance of the Goods Manufacture Practices, Safety Procedures, following HACCP and the training and development of Sr. Crew Lead staff and all Crew personnel. Accountabilities include managing staff, production effectiveness, on-time deliveries and reduced production waste. Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of the produce production in multiple departments.
- Develop and maintains all production schedules to assist the Production Manager in determining the staffing levels needs. Assures coverage of operators, expeditors, Sr. Crew Leads, and other key positions in times of absence, vacations, and turnover. Able to read, understand, identify and communicate potential deviations from schedules, standards, procedures, processes, and recipes, with reasons and impact. Responsible for controlling overtime and productivity efficiencies based on standard staffing.
- Communicates status of schedules and any related concerns at shift handoff with Sr. Crew Leads, shift Production Supervisors and Production Manager. Reviews information from previous shift and takes any necessary actions.
- Responsible for on time startup and/or correct shutdown of production in assigned departments or areas.
- Lead and direct the work flow of assigned shift in multiple areas.
- Ensures adherence to all company standards regarding product quality and food safety practices working with the Quality Assurance/Food Safety Manager. Enforce all GMP’s and educate the workforce on Food Safety.
- Knowledge of all equipment capabilities and processing. Ability to identify and recognize insufficiencies in equipment or processes.
- Reviews pre-inspections of all equipment and process areas. Ensures the quality of production tools, knives, and peelers.
- Communicates interdepartmentally to coordinate operations and activities.
- Ensures compliance with production, safety, sanitation, and quality standards procedures. Responsible for safety of employees and seeks solutions to prevent unsafe acts or hazards in areas.
- Facilitates training of equipment operators, Sr. Crew Leads and other key positions.
- Recommends hiring, disciplinary actions, evaluates performance, schedules staff and adjusts time system punches. Investigate and address employee performance and behaviors with corrective action. Consult with Human Resource.
- Provides coverage for Production Manager when necessary.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record.
- Attend all Leadership meetings and performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements, Education & Certifications
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and English - Required
- Ability to use knives and product peelers.
- Ability to understand and utilize production equipment.
- Ability to perform all required essential functions and principal accountabilities of the position.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Exposed to variety of cold temperatures (38 degrees F) and a variety of sound levels for short periods.
- Required to stand, sit, stoop, crouch and/or cimb stairs.
- Frequently utilize fine motor coordination in hands and arms, sight and hearing.
- Ability to be on feet all day and perform walking, stooping, and bending functions as required.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Saturday
- Weekend availability
$45,885.00 - $64,239.00 per year