Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a SANITATION SUPERVISOR to join our team.
The essential function of this position is to supervise and maintain the Sanitation Program by providing supervision to the sanitation staff, implementing a master sanitation schedule, overseeing routine cleaning of equipment and facility, and controlling costs of sanitation chemicals and supplies.
Full Time Night Shifts:
- Sunday-Tuesday and alternating Wednesdays, 5PM-5AM
- Thursday - Saturday and alternating Wednesdays, 5PM-5AM
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years’ related experience required.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Highly proficient in computer-use skills (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of the shift.
- Willingness to work with a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements for quality assurance and food safety criteria (HACCP, FSEP, GAP, GMP).
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles (FDA, USDA, MIOSHA, OSHA, CFIA).
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones
- Ability to complete a background and drug test screening
We are pleased to offer the following:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.