Taylor Farms was founded in 1995, with the goal of becoming America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods.
Our success would not be possible without our dedicated team and we are grateful to have each one as part of our Taylor Farms Family. Our 10,000 employees, who include our 2,000 Salinas based Retail Team, care about the quality and name that is on our products. It is through their hard work that we are able to deliver the best quality products daily.
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Raw Supply Chain Manager to join our Retail division in Salinas, CA.
As the Raw Supply Chain Manager, you will: Coordinate the purchase and delivery of all needed raw materials and ingredients on a just-in-time basis to satisfy the daily/weekly demand schedules of three high-volume RTE vegetable processing plants. Ensure that the established raw sourcing plan is optimized to deliver the highest quality and best economics to the facilities. Collaborate daily with plant and harvest operations on raw material demand planning and forecasts. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, raw product forecasting/budgeting, grower supply chain development, assist with economizing freight and delivery logistics, spot purchases and/or sales to mitigate shortages/surpluses, harvest material optimization, production usage and inventory management. Person should be a constant facilitator of raw procurement efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to procure and deliver large quantities of high-value, raw product in a fast- paced environment.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders and verifying vendor performance and accuracy on arrival.
- Must be able to effectively communicate raw availability and forecasts to key members of the operations management team.
- Develop effective forecasting tools for both raw product and sales information.
- Build relationships with existing vendors and develop prospective suppliers to keep up with demand and drive down costs.
- Support sales and product development teams in the procurement of new or unique varieties.
- Must demonstrate leadership and be familiar with procurement and production processes.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve efficiently with minimal oversight.
- Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit.
- 1-5 years-experience in procurement or an operations environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.