Bolthouse Farms is in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join us in our Bakersfield, CA facility.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of mechanics, technicians, helpers, and planner schedulers for Operations.
- Basic operation and preventive maintenance of food processing related plant equipment which includes but is not limited to motors, pumps, conveyors, shakers, pneumatics, heat exchangers, fluid systems, steam systems, refrigeration, decanters, evaporators, electronics, instrumentation, and PLCs
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices/precautions
- Food quality and safety program details and responsibilities
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Lead, motivate, and develop team to perform at maximum level
- Delegate tasks, provide follow up, and hold team accountable to standards
- Read and understand equipment and technical manuals
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of assigned responsibilities
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel
- Monitor employees’ work levels and review work performance
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in related industry
- Current driver's license, appropriate training and certifications relevant to assigned department and duties
- Two years of experience in related industry
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of e-mail Internet software, Manufacturing software, and Word Processing software
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good mathematical skills
- Will be expected to work overtime and weekends when business need arises
- Five (5) or more years of managerial experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Five (5) or more years of experience preferred in regard to providing leadership to a diverse workforce
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.