Under the “Bonipak” label, Betteravia Farms grows, harvests, cools, processes and ships millions of cartons of fresh vegetables to retailers, wholesalers and food service customers all over the world. What sets us apart is our seed to sales approach. We control the entire process, ensuring consistent high quality produce year round. We are proud of the relationships we have fostered with our customers over the past 80 years.
We now have an opportunity for a Human Resources/H2A Manager for our Alco Harvesting division in Santa Maria, CA, Yuma, AZ, and other harvesting locations.
As the Human Resources/H2A Manager, you will serve as a link between management and employees by fielding questions, interpreting and helping to resolve work related issues in a professional and timely manner. You will also be responsible to ensure compliance with corporate policy, fair employment practices and government regulations. Manage employee documentation and adhere to Corporate HR Policies.
You will also have full responsibility for our H2A program, including compliance with US Department of Labor, as well as overseeing the housing and transportation requirements of the program.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Five years plus proven experience in Human Resources and H2A Programs
- Experience in agriculture
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, self- motivated
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks timely and accurately a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the company including: Owners, Executives, Management, and front line workers
- Experience working with individuals across different geographies and cultures
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Proficiency with the computer (Email, Excel, Word, Payroll Systems).
- Ability to plan ahead, troubleshoot and anticipate problems and solve them
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple job tasks
- Ability to learn new technologies for production and record keeping
- Be highly organized, punctual and exhibit strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others
- Capable and willing to work accurately, efficiently and productively for performance results
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong ability to work with the Human Resource, Safety, and Payroll Team to achieve the goals at hand in a professional and positive manner
- Travel required to Yuma, Arizona for a 5 month consecutive period, Santa Maria (7 months), Oxnard. Other travel as designated
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.