ABOUT BRAGA FRESH
For three generations the Braga family has been farming in the western United States from the Salinas Valley to Yuma, Arizona. With more than 20 years of a certified organic farming program in place, we are one of the fastest growing organic produce companies in America. A vertically integrated company, we mix innovation with tradition to grow, ship and process fresh vegetables and salads year-round under the Braga Farms and Josie’s Organics brands.
Under the general supervision of the Sr. Director, Packaging/Ingredients Procurement, the Procurement Coordinator will perform a variety of procurement duties in support of the Production, Packaging and Marketing departments. This detail-oriented person will conduct essential procurement functions and maintain procurement files and databases. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
GENERAL PROCUREMENT FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as the main procurement point of contact and performs procurement duties for all Packaging, Condiments and Production purchases.
- Ensures contract compliance for the procurement of materials and services through contracted suppliers.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of all packaging and condiments.
- Ensures all new suppliers are properly set up within the ERP system and all required paperwork has been completed
- Create and issue Purchase Orders from requisitions or material planning tools as required
- Monitor the demand history of all packaging sku’s and plan orders accordingly.
- Communicate forecasts and manage the min/max program with suppliers.
- Set up and manage Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO’s)
- Manage and update price lists from suppliers
- Obtain and review bids and quotes for material and services.
- Expedite material and condiments as necessary.
- Ensure material and services are properly received in the ERP system upon receipt of material or services.
- Reconcile open purchase order reports on a regular basis follow-up on any late deliveries.
- Update Purchase order delivery dates in the ERP system
- Ensure open orders are closed out in a timely manner
- Create credit memo’s as needed and ensure returned material is properly accounted for in the ERP system.
- Assist Accounts Payable with Invoice questions and reconcile invoices and other material or service issues as required.
- Communicate potential supply challenges & issues to internal departments
- Work with Receiving clerk to ensure corrections are made in the ERP system for receipts.
- Ensure new suppliers provide all appropriate paperwork including but not limited to a W9 and a completed supplier questionnaire
- During the set-up of new suppliers, ensure suppliers comply with all food safety and other certification requirements as required.
DATA ENTRY AND MAINTENANCE:
- Create new item codes for packaging, Ingredients or other materials as required.
- Update and maintain the proper unit of measures within the item cards
- Update and maintain packaging inventory, transactions and production numbers in the material planning sheet.
- Document material transactions, including pallets, in supplier portals.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ensure work area meets food safety standards.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Work cross functionally and collaborate across all internal and external departments.
- Respond to basic inquiries from internal departments and suppliers
- Read and write required correspondence
- Present information effectively to co-workers, affiliates, and suppliers
- 3 years of experience in fresh produce packaging procurement
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to problem solve
- Experience with Famous (ERP system) is a plus
- Strong decision-making and communication skills (Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus)
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be a team player
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The requirement of this job requires use of the computer and phone.
Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401-k plan
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.