Are you looking for a part time opportunity where you can actually make a difference in the community? Then this may be what you’re looking for.
Brighter Bites is a nonprofit that creates communities of health through fresh food with the goal of changing behavior among children and their families to prevent obesity and achieve long-term health. Brighter Bites is an evidence-based, multi-component elementary school, preschool, and summer camp program that utilizes reliable access to fruits and vegetables, nutrition education, and consistent exposure to recipes and messages that feature fresh food.
We have an immediate opportunity for a part time Program Associate to work primarily at assigned schools/sites to support Brighter Bites’ outdoor, contactless drive-thru produce distributions alongside the Program Coordinator. This position is part time and temporary, requiring candidates to be available for approximately 2-3 days per week for a total of 10-20 hours per week during the remainder of our summer season (June - August).
We’re looking for people who:
- Must be willing to follow and enforce CDC guidelines at all times, including but not limited to: wearing a mask, wearing disposable gloves, and social distancing.
- Advanced Spanish language skills a plus. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Comfortable with giving presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to manage large groups of people.
- Proficient computer skills, including comfort using phone/tablet apps and MS Office.
- Previous experience volunteering/interning with Brighter Bites is a plus.
- Desire to work with a mission-driven organization that shares the power of fresh food with others, especially children and families.
- Must be able to travel independently to school sites (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Must be able to work outdoors, actively for 3-5 hours at a time and lift boxes and supplies 10-50 pounds each continuously on a daily basis.
- Must be able to bring and manage supplies to sites daily.
Help your neighbors, and get paid for it. What could be better?
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.