Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community we are looking for like-minded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
We are seeking an Associate Produce Buyer for our Anchorage, AK location.
Responsible for turns purchasing of assigned grocery and packaged items using existing procedures and tools. Responsible for purchase order accuracy, including correct items and costs. Responsible for inventory management of assigned items using provided and/or self-generated inventory counts. Achieves or exceeds budgeted service level and spoilage. Helps to identify and report inventory discrepancies. Approves received purchase orders for vendor payment. Coordinates activities with other buyers under the direction of the procurement manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (any combination of the following job duties):
- Provides administrative support to procurement staff.
- Confirms purchase orders and passing for receiving accuracies and on-time deliveries, daily inventory adjustments and pulling key reports for the department.
- Knows relevant purchasing cycle for each item purchased.
- Timely communication of potential inventory issues, prorates, and cost changes to Procurement Manager and Sales.
- Support established logistical procedures to facilitate product arrival and working with vendors to resolve freight damage, product damage/quality issues or discrepancies in quantities. Assist with claims related to these findings.
- Vender account responsibilities if assigned, such as adhere to approved supplier requirements in onboarding and continuing of vendors, maintain appropriate inventory levels, monitors vendor performance.
- All employees are responsible for food safety and are expected to notify the appropriate manager, supervisor, or key personnel if they witness any compromise to food safety or food quality.
- Manage costs according to program stipulations and best practices in such as escalated or deescalated contract pricing, off invoice price cycles or ads.
- Understand and achieve KPIs in fill rate, variance management, proper inbound freight maintenance, PO accuracy, contract compliance, and other KPIs assigned by your manager.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Education requirements: High School preferred
- Purchasing experience desired but not required
- Computer competency, including Excel, Word, & Outlook as well as 10 Key
- Knowledge of Power Enterprise a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Be able to set priorities, meet deadlines, and able to accomplish team objectives.
- Strong math & writing skills required to quickly multiply & add cases/pallets & calculate product cost, market and margin.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Employment Page for more details or to view our privacy center: https://www.charliesproduce.
As an essential employer and key contributor to our community’s food distribution chain, we will follow all state and federal guidelines on vaccination mandates, allowing for an accommodation for those that qualify.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.