Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community we are looking for like minded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
Outside Food Service Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting and maintaining food service businesses in around Southern CA. This position requires cold-calling on commercial accounts in the field to generate new permanent sales. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
Essential Responsibilities Include, but Not Limited To:
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability and product uses.
- Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, etc.)
- Meeting all company and sales profit objectives
- Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
- Pricing strategies—developing price/order guides
- Notify and assist buyers, operations and sales support persons by communication of customer's needs and preferences.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with retailers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Attend all sales meetings and appointments, (be on time, punctual).
- Responsible for individual accounts sales and gross profit.
- Make sure all orders are submitted before scheduled cut off times.
- Responsible for processing and turning in credit memos and other job related paperwork within the set time lines.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- $70,000 - $75,000 annual Depending on Experience and Location of Role.
- Monthly mileage reimbursement.
- Potential 90-day performance-based raise.
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Timely and accurate with paperwork, figures, attentive to detail, and have good follow-through, excellent phone skills, PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must be flexible and able to deal with a variety of details simultaneously.
- Must have proven problem-solving skills.
- Must be skilled in time management and be capable of meeting work schedule deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills.
- Must have an excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and follow through on projects.
- Self-starter with team approach attitude.
- Must have own reliable vehicle and proof of insurance.
- Ability to travel out of state to visit customers.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Check out our Employment Page for more company info including our privacy policies: https://www.charliesproduce.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.