Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community, we are looking for like minded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
The ripening role is responsible for supporting the ripening of daily inventory of all commodities assigned specifically bananas. Responsible for maintaining the proper color chart or ripeness level expectations with very low tolerance for variance. It is a fast paced environment where the volume of inventory requires a high level of tracking and following proper procedures using the warehouse management system to maintain inventory integrity by following best practices.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Ripening produce or other commodities according to SOPs
- Assist daily inventory for all item codes under job responsibility
- Check banana and other commodity that is ripened upon arrival
- Conduct quality check, sorting & grading of produce in warehouse
- Communicate timely deliveries
- Help oversee fill rate of all item codes involving ripened commodities
- Track proper scheduled guidelines in ripening status
- Ripening room maintenance and sanitation
- Communicate daily banana color status to sales team via TEAMS
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.