We are searching for a Health and Safety Manager to join our organization in the greater Detroit, MI area.
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the prevention and elimination of injuries and illness to employees and assist company in compliance with safety laws.
The successful candidate will assist with the development and standardization of health and safety plans and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health is preferred, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least five years’ experience as a Safety and Health Manager. Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Health & Safety laws and guidelines.
- Ability to prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment with ability to produce reports and develop policies.
- Must have the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization internally and with external parties; customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be adaptable and an out-of-the-box thinker
As this position offers no re-location expenses, applicants residing in the greater Detroit area will be given preference.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.