We are seeking a Purchasing Manager to manage west coast purchasing. This position requires a deep knowledge of the produce industry, including market trends, quality standards, and pricing. Job is IN HOUSE (NOT REMOTE) Located in central North Carolina.
- Proven experience as Purchasing Manager with familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Able to manage a broad range of products in different stages of development.
- Negotiate with suppliers and growers to obtain the best possible pricing, terms, and conditions for purchasing.
- Monitor external market conditions and gather market intelligence to determine the organization’s growth opportunities.
- Manage inventory levels of all items, ensuring adequate supplies while minimizing waste and spoilage.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to ensure alignment on procurement strategies and objectives.
- Set pricing guidelines, discounts, and promotional programs and evaluate account performance.
- Excellent networking, relationship building and presentation skills.
- 7-10 years of experience
- Must have strong contacts with fruit and vegetable retailers, growers, and other supply chain partners in CA, AZ, and NM.
- Strong relationships with potato and fruit retailers, growers, and other supply chain partners in ID and WA.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and growers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Produce Pro experience preferred.
If you are a result driven motivated purchasing professional and meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.