Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
The Food Safety Assistant is part of Driscoll’s Integrity team and reports into the Food Safety Manager. In this role the individual would be responsible for promoting Driscoll’s Food Safety program by educating growers, customers and employees. Serve as a food safety resource for all affiliated growers, share best practices across the entire organization.
This is a full-time, temporary position with our Watsonville team.
- Monitor and update grower ranch list.
- Support grower’s completion of the FSMA Water Data Sheet (Water Quality Profile).
- Ranch map verification.
- Train growers for water sampling.
- Sample fruit from all growers to ensure pesticide MRL compliance.
- Participate in Risk Assessments of new ranches and growers.
- Assist in ranch audit prep.
- Attend and participate in audits.
- Review all audit and fruit sample testing results for accuracy.
- Assess each existing grower’s current food safety program, including sanitation, harvest, and cultural practices. Identify areas of improvement and practical means to achieve them. Completed Food Safety Internal audit checklist for every visit to producing property.
- Monitor corrective action and compliance status at each operation. Help growers with specific audit response Corrective Action Plans.
- Fulfill customer and grower requests for information, audits fruit clearing at cooler.
- Participate in Internal Audit/Inspection program as extension of Driscoll’s Food Safety Manual Policy.
- Support, as required, related programs including traceability and recall.
- Knowledge of agricultural chemicals.
- Knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Read and write English and Spanish.
- Driver’s License.
- Ag experience in food safety, safety and pest control advisor preferred. Willingness to learn.