Foothill Packing Inc. is a California based Farm Labor Contractor and Custom Harvester, with operations in the Salinas Valley, Sonoma wine country, California Central Valley and Yuma (AZ)/Imperial (CA) growing area has been providing farm labor service since 2000 with the commitment to help our clients with dependable, honest, and efficient farm labor staffing. Our organization has a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and unrivaled H2A expertise. Our creativity and talented staff continuously innovate coming up with solutions to the challenges of the Agriculture Industry, striving to meet new demands, and to offer the most effective services in the industry.
We now have a tremendous opportunity for a Fleet Services Manager to join our team in Salinas, CA.
The Fleet Services Manager will manage the operation and maintenance of our Company’s motor vehicles in a safe, effective, and productive manner, including the training and compliance of Company authorized drivers. This includes:
- Oversee Department of Transportation compliance and reporting as it relates to the Company’s fleet.
- Collaborate with Managers to ensure timely delivery and distributions while ensuring the availability of operational vehicles.
- Maintain knowledge, develop, implement, and oversee fleet Standard Operating Procedures that support compliance with State and Federal regulations and Company policies; and provide recommendations accordingly while considering fleet best practices.
- Supervise the dispatch team to ensure that the daily needs of the operations are met by streamlining driver routes and schedules to be cost effective while still delivering a high level of customer service in a safe manner.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with drivers, dispatchers, and maintenance team members to collaborate, address challenges and identify opportunities.
- Lead the DVI (daily vehicle inspection) process to achieve regulatory compliance and equipment health and longevity.
- Manage all aspects of fleet maintenance through internal mechanics and outside vendors.
- Manage the record keeping of commercial, non-commercial, and off-road equipment to allow for timely and appropriate preventative maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain all DQ (driver qualification) records to ensure compliance with applicable laws and Company policies.
- Oversee driver’s work schedule, compliance, reward, and progressive disciplinary processes as needed.
- Collaborate with HR and Safety to recruit, train, develop, and evaluate Company authorized drivers and mechanics.
The successful candidate will have:
- Associate degree or higher with five years of experience with emphasis in an agricultural setting or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team of office based, shop and field personnel.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of commercial vehicle maintenance and repairs, DOT, FMCSA and state transportation laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Class A or B or C driver’s license with a DMV record in good standing.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all Company employees, including field, office, and shop personnel, and vendors.
- Must be bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide; apply concepts of basic algebra; and interpret graphs, charts, and tables.
- Travel required, about 35%.
- Requires working outside normal business hours and weekends.